Thank you for visiting this year! The gardens are now closed for the season. We will reopen on May 5, 2023.
For the enjoyment of all visitors and to ensure a memorable experience while at Greenwood, advance registration is required. Entry to the Garden is by vehicle only. Parking is complimentary. Self-guided Garden Guides and Maps will be provided at the Ticket Kiosk. Greenwood Gardens adheres to state and federal health guidelines pertaining to COVID-19.
We look forward to your visit!
- We recommend that all registrants arrive within 30 minutes of their indicated time slot. Last entry is at 3:30 p.m. and the garden closes at 5:00 p.m. If your circumstances change, your registration is still valid on the same day up until 3:30 p.m.
- Visitors arrive by car and proceed through the gate, stopping along the way at our ticket kiosk where you present a copy of your advance registration on paper, show by cell phone, or announce yourself to our ticket attendant.
- You will be provided with our Garden Guide, a self-guided walking tour pamphlet with map and garden etiquette, to help you navigate through the garden. You may also download the Guide in advance by clicking here.
- Once you have checked in, you will be directed to our parking areas.
- Comfortable outdoor walking shoes and weather-appropriate clothing are recommended.
- The restored Main Terrace with partial views of the gardens is accessible to all visitors. The remainder of the historic landscape at Greenwood is true to its original design and is not wheelchair- or stroller-accessible. The uneven terrain and stairs can be difficult to navigate.
- To help protect yourself against ticks, which are prevalent in New Jersey, please use tick spray and check yourself for ticks after leaving.
Please observe the following rules of Garden Etiquette:
- At all times, children must be accompanied by an adult.
- The only animals permitted in the garden other than Greenwood’s own collection are certified service animals.
- For your safety and the safety of the animals in Greenwood’s collection, do not feed, chase, or provoke domestic animals and/or wildlife. Please enjoy the animals from a safe distance.
- Due to the uneven paths and stairways, strollers are not permitted in the garden. For your convenience, we offer stroller parking on the East Terrace.
- Bicycles and scooters are not permitted.
- Food and beverages are to be enjoyed in Adelaide’s café only. Only personal water bottles are permitted in the garden itself. Please note: Adelaide’s café is a covered area with café tables where visitors can enjoy the food and beverages they bring with them. Boxed water is available in the Visitor Center.
- Garden photography is permitted so long as it does not interfere with the on-site experience of other visitors, such as blocking pathways and views. The use of tripods, screens, and props is not permitted.
- Special occasion posed photography is not permitted for weddings, engagements, pregnancies, birthdays, proms, graduations, and other similar events, whether by professional, semi-pro, or amateur photographers. Greenwood reserves the right to determine what constitutes a formal posed photography session and will curtail sessions that do not fit our guidelines noted above.
- Drone photography is not permitted.
- Keep cell phones in silent mode so all visitors can enjoy our quiet oasis.
- Remove all personal trash when you depart.
- At all times, clothing and shoes must be worn.
Please refrain from the following:
- Formal posed photography
- Obstructing pathways
- Entering ponds or water features
- Touching or climbing on statuary
- Entering areas that are roped off
- Picking flowers or berries
- Entering or disturbing plant beds
- Tree climbing
- Feeding, chasing, or provoking domestic animals and/or wildlife
- Picnicking in the garden
- Bringing blankets and chairs
- Drinking alcoholic beverages
- Smoking or vaping
- Playing active sports
- Playing audible music
- Flying drones
- Making fires
- Gathering for events
Thank you for your cooperation and enjoy your visit to Greenwood Gardens!